Another week and vacation bible school starts up at the church down the street. And I’ve already seen my first back-to-school inserts in my community newspaper. That bugs me.
Other things that annoy me this week:
- The flip-top lids on toothpaste tubes. They just don’t work.
- The clover that’s taking over parts of my front yard.
- Air Canada Rouge.
Things that I’m enjoying a lot:
- The dogs hate the heat, so I don’t have to walk them as much.
- The woman who makes my 6-inch tuna subs at Subway. She’s always so cheerful.
- Donald Trump
There. I feel better. Thanks for the indulgence. And now, on with the show.
- Your love of the Sex Pistols or Norah Jones says more about your personality than you think
- The musicians with the largest vocabularies.
- As recommended by G&B listener Chef Mike Benninger, an interview with Tyler Wells about his new phone thingy. It’s cool!
- Patreon patrons rock!
- Whatever happened to radio station bumper stickers?
- Remember the cool kids in school? Chances are they ain’t so cool anymore.
- Rush Limbaugh: not having a good year.
Oh: one other thing I hate this morning. My website hosting service keeps having problems with WordPress blogs, which might explain why you’ve been getting a blank screen on this site and others this morning.
In case you haven’t heard, Geeks&Beats can now be access via Nightflight, a website inspired by the USA Networks all-night show of the same name from the 80s. You’d better give it a look especially if, um, you’re of a certain age. You know who you are.
For more–and we have a crack team of writers adding content to the website every day–go here. The G&B Swag Store is open 24/7 for your convenience. Here’s where you can subscribe to everything we do. You can listen to us on the radio every week. (Yes, there’s an actual G&B Radio Network.)
We’d also love it if you left us a message at (323) 319-NERD. And if you’re not already a subscriber to the podcast through iTunes, well, you’re a bad, mean person. Repair your karma by doing it now.
Are you into audio production? We’re always looking for jingles, stagers, memes or anything else we can use in producing the show.