In what’s turning out to be an annual affair, this Geeks&Beats podcast recording was conducted at the Downtown Record Show in Toronto. Michael and I had our own table where we blathered on and also spoke to the hundreds (okay, maybe not hundreds; but there were a lot) of fans who came out to see us. I, naturally, keep wandering away to buy records that I had no idea I didn’t need. See?
But a podcast also needed to be done. Here’s what we talked about:
- Vinyl: The best format.
- Getting together on a global music release day
- Trent Reznor’s top secret project at Apple
- iPods and dementia patients
- Geeks & Beats Update
- Co-Producers Garth Newton @conkeestedoray, Nick Glover (@GGpysy) and Gary Stothers (@Stothers) Yay, producers!
- LucasArts Games return to the PC
- Napster lives!
- When should Christmas music start?
- Finally! A Platinum Record in 2014
- Music discovery for the lazy
- Would you pay for cat videos? Youtube eyes ad-free service
- A grand piano that only cats can hear.
For more news coverage, check out the Geeks&Beats website, three, four, five times a day. We now have a compliment of
slaves writers who are passionate about…well, whatever this is. And for God’s sake, get the iTunes podcast, will you?
Also remember that Christmas is coming. You want some official G&B swag under the tree, right?
Finally, you should call us. We’d love to hear your voice: (323) 319-NERD.