There are a couple of things about American Thanksgiving I really like. (1) Football all day Thursday; (2) Canadian retailers follow the whole Black Friday mentality; and (3) the American media almost completely shuts down. That means us foreigners have a chance at attracting the attention of Americans looking for news and entertainment online. So if you’re in the US and you’re bored with football, turkey and shopping, you’ve come to the right place. I mean, look what you’ve discovered! The World’s Greatest Podcast™!
Here’s what you’ll learn on this week’s show:
- How long to you listen to a song before you hit the “skip” button? Be honest.
- “Social listening” headphones. What?
- Technics has relaunched its line of home audio gear.
- Can you tell high-res digital audio from an MP3? Let’s find out.
- I talk to Mark Yeomans from Refreshtek, a company that buys your old gadgets (well, depending) and recycles your old electronics. At least you get the goddam stuff out of the house. I’m going use Mark to clean out my office and basement.
- Shannon Simpson is this week’s co-producer. We could use a few more donations because Michael has somehow hired FOURTEEN people to work on the show and we pay NONE of them. And they’re all expecting a Christmas party.
- Why your Uber driver hates Uber.
- This is a fantastic timesuck. You’ve been warned.
- Is this the most valuable record in the universe? I’d say it is.
- Bob Marley-branded legal ganja? Yep.
How useful is all that stuff? Spread it around, America.
And while you’re at it, buy some of our great swag. We don’t have any Black Friday deals (Who do you think we are? Wal-Mart?) but they still make awesome Christmas gifts. We’d also love it if you left us a message at (323) 319-NERD. And if you’re not already a subscriber to the podcast through iTunes, well, you’re a bad, mean person. Do it now.