Back in 2012 when Paul McCartney performed on the Grammys, youngsters took to Twitter to express their confusion. Here’s a selection of actual tweets:
- “Who tf is Paul McCartney?…who is he? hella old, too.”
- “I don’t know who Paul McCartney is.”
- “Wait, who is Paul McCartney?”
- “Who is this Paul McCartney guy?
- “To be honest, I have no idea who Sir Paul McCartney is.”
- “WHO IS THIS WHITE MAN?”
- “Who the f**k is Paul McCartney?”
- “Wait, who the f**k is this Paul McCartney dude?
- “Who the hell is Paul McCartney #oldfart”
- “Who the hell is Paul McCartney LMAO he is hella old!”
- “I’m about to sound naive as f but who the hell is Paul McCartney? This songs sucks, btw.”
U2’s automatic delivery of Songs of Innocence to iTunes this week has prompted a similar outpouring. I quote:
- IDEK HOW THAT GOT THERE WHO TF IS U2
- So am I the only one who phone got hack wtf is ah U2 and how tf did it get on my phone in my music
- Wtf is U2 ? I never put this bullshit on my phone. Hell na who did this ?
- Who the hell is U2?
- Who and what is U2? And why is it under my Music
- yea I was like wtf, who is U2 loool
- If Apple wanted to give away free music they could’ve at least put Beyoncé. Like who is U2
- who is this U2 why its in my itunes
- Who is U2? Who tf downloaded this into my phone?!
(Via Consequence of Sound)