Sure, you can read about these places and maybe see clips on TV or online. But there’s nothing like seeing, feeling and smelling these locations in person. I’m addicted to this kind of vacation travel.
BuzzFeed has put together a list of 29 places they say every music fan should visit before they die. I’ve hit ten of these so far, including Jim Morrison’s grave in Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris.
Michael visited Paris and recommends the Catacombs if you go. To learn more about this high creep-out attraction, read his blog entry.
There a few more I’d add to this list:
- The Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles
- The Chelsea Hotel in New York
- Bowie and Iggy’s former apartment in Berlin
- The 100 Club on Oxford Street in London
- The former site of CBGB in New York
Anything else that should be on this bucket list?