It’s been a couple of days since the classified JFK files were released by the National Archive.
President Donald Trump said, in a tweet, on Friday morning that all files would be released with the exception of any names of the living.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 28, 2017
Some interesting things were revealed
- US Officials were offering a reward for the death of Fidel Castro. And the oddest part of this? Depending on *who* you were, the reward was different. It ranged from $100,000 for government officials all the way down to $0.02.
- Lee Harvey Oswald met with a KGB officer just a short while before the assassination of JFK at the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City.
- The Kennedy Administration talked about hiring the mafia to kill Castro. The CIA had even hired a middleman to liaise all the conversations.
- Evidently, Kennedy was involved in “sex parties” with his brother-in-law, Peter Lawford, Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr. This information came to the FBI by a “high-priced Hollywood call girl” who told them a detective had been investigating it.
- A death threat for Oswald was delivered to the FBI the day before he was murdered.