The iconic McCartney solo Christmas tune, “Wonderful Christmastime” is on the top spot of the chart. The chart, Most Played Christmas Tunes of the Year.
According to PlayNetwork.com – a company that compiles a list of the 20 songs consumers will hear the most this holiday season – said The Shins’ cover of the Paul McCartney classic is now the most played track. This puts pop princess Mariah Carey in the #2 spot with her 1994 release, “All I Want for Christmas is You.”
PlayNetwork works with 400 brands to make up lists of the songs that will be heard most often in their stores during peak shopping hours. So, if you’re going shopping at 3pm on a Saturday, you will most likely hear one of these songs. And apologies if you work retail. You will definitely hear these songs. All. The. Time.
Here are the top 10 songs:
1. The Shins, “Wonderful Christmastime”
2. Mariah Carey, “All I Want For Christmas Is You”
3. Christina Aguilera, “Christmas Time”
4. The Waitresses, “Christmas Wrapping”
5. Jack Johnson, “Someday At Christmas”
6. Kelly Clarkson, “Underneath the Tree”
7. Michael Bublé, “Holly Jolly Christmas”
8. Bing Crosby, “White Christmas”
9. Train, “What Christmas Means To Me”
10. Ella Fitzgerald, “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”