I had to do my half of the podcast on the road this week as I was in London pursuing a business opportunity that involved combining music with…golf. Yes, golf. But I can be done. If I can win the business, I hope to change the image of golf forever. Or so I dream.
So sitting in a high-backed armchair in my charming little hotel near Lancaster Gate Tube station, Michael and I discussed the following.
- Google may have ruined much of our sense of wonder, but it still can’t solve this mystery. Does anyone know the name of this song?
- How Mike Myers came up with the Austin Powers theme. (Hint: It has to do with a Canadian game show. And it was also the basis for this song.)
- Carly Simon spills the beans after 43 years.
- Ask Alan Anything: The employment requirement to be in Jon Bon Jovi’s band.
- The death of Rdio.
- Remember when wrestlers released albums?
- And remember when Hulk Hogan auditioned to be the bass player in Metallica? Seriously.
- We have a winner of the Philips Beard Trimmer 9000. It comes with FRICKIN’ LASERS!
- We have a new co-producer in the form of Derek French.
- Weaponizing Katy Perry.
For more–and we have a crack team of writers adding content to the website every day–go here. The G&B Swag Store is open 24/7 for your convenience. Here’s where you can subscribe to everything we do. You can listen to us on the radio every week. (Yes, there’s an actual G&B Radio Network.)
We’d also love it if you left us a message at (323) 319-NERD. And if you’re not already a subscriber to the podcast through iTunes, well, you’re a bad, mean person. Repair your karma by doing it now.
Are you into audio production? We’re always looking for jingles, stagers, memes or anything else we can use in producing the show.