Before we set the lineup for this week’s show, we conducted a Twitter poll on whether we should cover the Bataclan massacre or if people wanted this podcast to be a bit of an escape from the horror of the past weekend. The numbers came back 52% “escape” and 48% “cover it,” a statistical dead heat. As a compromise, we led with something light and then got into the hard news in the second segment. It seemed like the right thing to do.
- And we started with porn, of course. Adult website traffic (i.e. Pornhub) reveals jocks most likely to nerd-out over Fallout 4 and not look at their favourite dirty clips. It’s analytics, people!
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 makes more than HALF BILLION DOLLARS in 72 hours.
- The music industry (and the world) was rocked by the Paris attacks.
- Michael has a drone and he really, really likes it.
- Thanks to our wonderful Patreon patrons! We heard from Eric Bertrand ($1.50), Mike MacDonald, Kevin Ryan, Claude Caron, Christopher Potter $1.01×4 last month.
- Shave your beard (or whatever else) with frickin’ laser beams! Behold the Philips Beard Trimmer 9000. It’s a real thing–and you could win it.
- Kurt’s solo record: Is it worth it?
- Betamax dies. Finally.
For more–and we have a crack team of writers adding content to the website every day–go here. The G&B Swag Store is open 24/7 for your convenience. Here’s where you can subscribe to everything we do. You can listen to us on the radio every week. (Yes, there’s an actual G&B Radio Network.)
We’d also love it if you left us a message at (323) 319-NERD. And if you’re not already a subscriber to the podcast through iTunes, well, you’re a bad, mean person. Repair your karma by doing it now.
Are you into audio production? We’re always looking for jingles, stagers, memes or anything else we can use in producing the show.