A week ago, I was basking in the sunshine of the NE Caribbean Command Outpost. As I type this, I’m in my old bedroom in my parents’ basement in a small town outside of Winnipeg. The culture shock (not to mention a temperature change of 50 C) has been, um, severe.
Here’s what happened on the show this week.
- We talked about how Ford has broken up with Microsoft when it comes to their connected car.
- Michael Teddy Wilson from Innerspace berate me for not being a proper Dr. Who fan, even though I really like Peter Capaldi, the guy who plays the current doctor. (If you can, watch him as Malcolm Tucker in a brilliant British TV show called The Thick of It.)
- I may finally get my wish and get my hands on the blueprints for NCC-1701. A, of course.
- However, neither of us wants a replica Star Trek tricorder.
- And I get another Star Trek shot in with this cover.
- Ask Alan Anything: Why does our favourite song sound so much better when we randomly come across it on the radio?
- Sex. You’ll see.
- Super-cool APIs for music. If you like mixing music with Big Data, you’ll LOVE this.
- PLEASE won’t someone bury Casey Kasem?
- Yay, Craig Minett! He donated $25 and became the co-producer of this week’s show! Here’s how you can be just like him. And you should buy some of our great swag because they make awesome Christmas gifts.
We’re on the radio, too, you know. Check out the list of times and stations here. We’d also love it if you left us a message at (323) 319-NERD. And if you’re not already a subscriber to the podcast through iTunes, well, you’re a bad, mean person. Do it now.