First things first: Here’s a big fat reminder that Michael and I will be recording next week’s podcast from the Downtown Record Show this Sunday starting sometime around 10:30. (I want to start earlier; Michael wants to sleep in. So we compromised.) If you’re in the Toronto area, we’d love if you could drop in. And remember, this is a recording that will be destined for the for-real Geeks&Beats Radio Network.
But back to this week’s show. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Taylor Swift proves there’s a glitch in The Matrix that is iTunes. The Geeks investigate.
- Face it. The numbers don’t lie. If you’re a fan of Beyonce, you’re dumb.
- Nickelback parody “Look at this Instagram” is the Best Thing Ever Today.
- G&B London Bureau Chief Elle Tii meets up with one of the brains behind The Hilarious House of Frightenstein.
- Holy crap, we conned someone out of 25 bucks. Thanks, Dr. Proximo!
- Maybe you’ll spend thousands of dollars on these.
- Michael buries the lede and tell us why the El Mocombo sign was pulled from eBay.
- On this week’s Ask Alan Anything: what’s the deal with encores?
- U2 planning lengthy residence in Toronto reports @U2log
- Metallica shows gamers some love at Blizzcon 2014.
There’s plenty more at the G&B website. Look around, fer crissakes. For example, should you ever wish to leave us a voicemail message (although we’re now hearing that voicemail is so over), reach us at (323) 319-NERD. For more information about G&B swag–very stylish stuff, by the way–go here. And once again, if you’re not a subscriber to the podcast through iTunes, you’re a bad, bad person.