We’ve really been able to up the level of our guests. Sting still hasn’t made an appearance–we’re snubbing him–but so far this season, we’ve had The Edge from U2 on the show, which is a pretty good upgrade. And this week, we speak to Billy Idol about his new album, Kings and Queens of the Underground, his new autobiography, Dancing with Myself, and the real story behind that vulgar and obscene chant that crowds love to yell between the verses of Billy’s version of “Mony Mony.”
Here’s what else we talked about.
- An important secret on how to make airline food taste better. HINT: It involves music–and it really works!
- Michael Jackson: still dead, still paid well.
- All hail Victor Bigio!
- We’re actually selling more of these G&B Miracle Mugs of Travelling! (Seriously. They’re very good and worth every penny. I use one every single morning.)
- Another couple of weeks and the G&B Podcast will be live on location at the Downtown Record Show in Toronto.
- VinylHub. It. Is. Awesome.
- Are you smart enough to work for Thom Yorke? We’re not.
- Don’t get excited about cheap nuclear fusion yet.
- Bloody kids and their music. We’ll kvetch about that, too,
Have a question? Call us and leave a message at (323) 319-NERD. Browse the Geeks&Beats website daily as our crack staff of unpaid writers is always posting new material. If you’re not subscribing to the podcast through iTunes, you’re a bad, bad person. The only way we’ll let you off the hook for that is if you listen to the show on the radio. Yes, there is an actually G&B Radio Network! And please buy some of our stuff. It’s the only way we make any money.
If any of the above is too complicated, just click here to listen.