First, big props to Michael for the show’s artwork this week. It makes all the sense in the world when you hear us talk about Tommy Ramone. As a longtime Ramones fan, I’m pretty bummed out–which explains why I went through two bottles of soju during the program.
Elsewhere in the podcast:
- Where did the tradition of rock bands trashing hotel rooms start? I have the answer–I think.
- How well do you know your Beatles lyrics? Take the quiz.
- The iPad app that allows you to record 64 channels of music. This will be popular on the tour bus.
- The Pentagon, DARPA and Lady Gaga. It’s one big propaganda plot.
- Now this is real classic rock: the oldest song in the world.
- A word about my newsletter. Please help. The government screwed me (and others) real good with this new anti-spam law.
- We attempt to diagnose a skin rash. Seriously. Is it a nickel allergy from using an iPad too much?
- Want to prevent cancer? Start smelling farts. You heard me.
We invite you to throw money our way in the form of a producer donation or in the purchase of some official G&B merchandise (the metal travel mug is really, really good.) And if you’re not subscribing to the podcast through iTunes, what’s the problem?